20+ men and women as at first day of competition
Open Harbour Swim: 3000m or 1500m
20-24 (then 5 year increments) to 80+
• This is an open (deep) water event of 3000 or 1500 metres.
• The course is in the spectacular Otago Harbour and is very exposed to the wind. Conditions can be extremely rough, and this event is recommended only for confident strong swimmers’.
• Swim caps are required and must be worn. Light colours are more visible and some will be available at check in.
• Wetsuits are strongly recommended.
• Limited parking is available at Vauxhall.